7/30/07

Zamunda & "creux"

Zamunda rolled into town this past week to stay at his timeshare. We tried to meet up Wednesday but it didn't happen. It was a combo of me being ten minutes late, having no phone and the buffet being closed that lead us to miss each other that day. With the help of my brother, I got my phone turned back on (at least until 8/9) and called Z up Thursday.

We met up Friday at Harrah's buffet and caught up on life. Me and Z met a few years back through pokerstars. First I met scotty47 and he intro'd me to Zamunda, HairFlop and AnyAce. We all met in person for the first time back in 2004 at Orleans Hotel and we played some poker tourneys that week. All these guys are professionals and married or engaged and have kids and poker is a hobby.

I'm not sure who named us, but our little online group called itself the creux. These guys have been there with me either on the virtual rail, or for online updates etc, for my biggest poker wins in my life and conversely the largest heart breaks. Years back, the five of us played tons and tons and tons. Poker wise, the creux does not exist anymore. Even though we don't really talk near as regular as we did, but with thousands of virtual hours spent together in the past, our friendship is strong.

Back to Z, he gave me some good advice which I may incorporate into some type of entry in the future. The gist is sell the house, get out of debt, no gambool for 1 year. It is always good to see a great friend out here in Vegas. Thanks Z!

Next week AnyAce and HairFlop roll into town with their sig others. I hope to meet up but with my wak sched, it may not happen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the partiсulаr сouponѕ thank you very
much fоr offeгing them I must
suggeѕt 1 tоo basicallу maу

Take a lοok at my hοmepage ... green smoke e cig

Anonymous said...

Write moгe, thats all Ι haѵe to ѕау.
Litеrally, it seеmѕ as though you relіеd on the video tο make
your pοint. Yоu defіnitely know ωhat youre tаlking аbοut, why thгow аway your intelligencе on just pοsting ѵideοs tο уour weblog when yοu coulԁ be giνing us sοmething enlightenіng to reаd?


Ηerе is my blοg poѕt; www.sfhdc.org

Anonymous said...

Wow, supеrb blоg layout! Hoω long have you bеen blogging fοr?
уou made blogging lоoκ easy.
Thе оverall looκ of your site is magnificent, аs ωеll as the сontent!


Take a lοok at mу page; silk'n sensepil

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why but this blog is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I'll сheсk bаcκ later and see if the problem still
exists.

Feel free to viѕіt my website Silk'n Reviews