8/14/08

FOTD XXXI - JGTFO

This better be good right? My day shift runs from 4-4 and night from 4-4 so it is important to get the car back to the yard by 355. I took my last radiocall at 318pm. I call to confirm and Lydia answers.

"Hi, this is Jeremy with the taxi for Lydia"
-Ok
"Are you still waiting for the taxi at 625 Shadow Ln?"
-Yes
"Ok, I'm two minutes away, I'll see you soon. Where are you going to"
-Southwest
"Are you in front of the building?"
-I'll tell you when you get here
(click)

I get over there in three minutes and she's waiting in the front entrance. She's an above avg looking slender AZN chick and so I'm ready to chat her up a little... she gets in the front seat and tells me to go the freeway. She tells me the cross streets of Flamingo and El Capitan (~$30 ride that will put me over $400 for the day) and we head out. On the freeway, traffic starts to back up by Spring Mountain so I tell her it's best to get off and head up the road. On the way, I offer to turn on the radio and she agrees, and I tell her to go ahead and tune it to what she likes.

She chooses 90.5 FM which after listening to some of the lyrics is a Christian station. No big deal, my aunt listens to that. Anyways this chick doesn't say shit the entire way. She does have a wedding ring on though, since I picked her up across the street from a hospital and at the county health building, I let her slide a bit cuz something bad could of happened to her. After 22 minutes I reach El Capitan and turn left and cross Flamingo.

"Do I go straight?"
-(silence)
"Look you haven't said a word all ride or given me an address. I'm driving a taxi which means that you give me an address and I drive you there or you give me directions and I follow them, all you have said was Flamingo and El Capitan and we just passed that."
-Turn right at the stop sign.
"Thank you"
-Turn right at the second street and it's the second house on the right.
"Okay"

We get there and the fare is $35.65 and it's 343pm. She reaches in and hands me her credit card..

"I'm sorry we don't accept credit cards, only Desert Cab accepts them"
-All I have is $25.00
"We can go back out to the bank and you can get money"
-Can I give you the number on my card?
"I have no way to get paid with your number"
(she reaches in and pulls out a $20 a $5 and 7 $1's and hands them to me)
"This is only $32.00, you still owe me $3.65"
-I don't have it.
"We can go back to the corner and you can get money at 7-11 or something"
-(silence)
"Look do you have $4 in quarters in your house"
-No
"You still owe me $3.65, we can go to the ATM but I have to leave the meter on so it's going to be more"
-(silence)

BY NOW IT'S 345 AND I HAVE OVER 6 MILES TO GET BACK TO THE YARD.

"Surely you must have change in your house?"
-No
"Just get the fuck out. . . and by the way, I'll go to confession this weekend"

She tries to say something but I was definitely not listening to her anymore. I drive away and make it back to the gas pumps at 402.

JGTFO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw....JGTFO (of my chair). Often repeated in thought but never able to verbalize my true feelings at work. Lucky bastard, must feel good.