8/23/08

FOTD XXXIII - Two to the Penthouse Club

It's about 515am and things are slowing down. Since starting at 4am I have three lame as rides and am now on the nut at the Venetian. I am zoned into zone 230 because a driver, 'Chuck' always takes a cab back to the yard (he calls in at 510 and the call usually hits the board ~530) on the days he works (Sat-Wed). Chuck is the man, it's a $13.39 ride and he ALWAYS gives $20.

On the nut and these two guys come up to the cab, the doorman opens it up and they say "Penthouse". Having never dropped off there before I am not sure if they give the full fifty or twenty (after 4am) but am ready to find out yo. Not two minutes into the ride, Chucks call comes on the board (524am) and since I am str8 up gangSta I try and float the ride by dropping off these dudes and picking up Chuck ASAP. We get to Penthouse and I let these dudes out, now usually after they go in and pay I go in there and collect the DOJO.

These Mother F*ckers take forever at the cashier and over the next ten minutes I poke my head in there a few times and see if they've gone in the club yet. By now it's 541am and I can not wait anymore. I offer to sell the rights to the two guys to a Yellow Cab driver waiting outside for $20 but he hems and haws.. I take one final peek inside and those fools are still by the cashier .. so I say "fuck it" and take off to go pick up Chuck. I get to chuck by 549 (which is as late as I've ever been out there), to make it up to him I tell him his ride is on me today (I've picked him up maybe 15 times in the past and since switching over to the 4-4 shift I'm in better position to get him daily).

I tell him the story, apologize for being late. He basically calls me a dumb ass for not waiting to get the money ... of course I agree. I drop him off he insists on paying at least $15 for the ride .. to which I accept. He also tells me to go back to the club and see if I can get that money. Since it's literally around the corner form the yard, I jet over there .. sweet talk the cashier .. and she confirms that the AZN driver from Yellow came in and claimed it as his ride and he got the $100. Tough break, but I knew it was a long shot anyways. However to salvage the trip out there.. I asked to use the bathroom, which is in the club.. so I saw some nice breasts on the way in and on the way out.

Tits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you are talking.