8/19/08

FOTD XXXII - Gay Flag

A Flag is someone you pick up on the street or other place that is not at a taxi stand. Flags are good and bad. For one you don't have to wait staging in line to pick one up, you just pull over in a safe place off the road and load them up. However it is technically illegal to pick up a flag, in the past it was found that 80% of the assaults / robberies on taxi drivers were a result of drivers picking up flags. As a result of making flags illegal, assaults have dropped off some 90% from their high a few years ago.

Anyways, it's midday and it's slow out.. I'm driving in the service alley that runs behind Flamingo, Imperial Palace & Harrahs when I see this guy with luggage and he's flagging me down. As a rule of thumb, if they aren't drunk, flags are safe to pick up within the resort corridor. So I pull over and he's going to the airport. Before he gets in he yells for this dude to come over by him. The guy doesn't come over and I ask if he wants me to wait and if he's also going to the airport. He says it's cool and we can go.

So I ask him what airline and he tells me Virgin America, I was like yo man I heard good things about that airline (typical small talk bullshit that I engage with every single passenger) and this dudes like, to be honest with you it's like a Gay New York Disco. What do you mean, I say, and he says that the color scheme, the stewards, etc all gave him that impression. blah blha blah blha

So I'm like who was that guy, and he says it was his date for the weekend and that he caught the bus out here from Los Angeles.

"So how did it go?"
-"It was terrible, he was a FOB, and it was hard talking with him."
"Too bad, so you guys going to see each other again?"
-"No way, he thinks we are but there's no way I'm meeting up with him again."
"Man poor guy. He's going to be thinking about you all the way home on that bus and you're not going to think of him at all on the flight back."
-"Ha! You're so right. I'm already making plans for when I get back."

GG FOB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Branson is gay?