9/18/08

FOTD XL - Roxanne S.

Most weekdays, coming out of the yard at 345-405, I'm able to pick up an open call. I'm willing to go to any part of the county, except the east side, for a ride. Yesterday was the first day in awhile there wasn't any open calls. blah blah blah anyways... I drive towards the strip and here a 'call out' (a call where anyone can respond, and the closest usually gets it) at the Tahiti Village for a van and I was only 5 minutes away and I go an grab it real quick. Knowing they're going to the airport , I hear another call at flamingo & durango ... so I ring in and get that real quick .. so anyways .. I get $50 on the book in the first hour ...

It would be 3 1/2 hours before I get another ride. I took 3 rides however they were all no go's. I'm very flippity floppity, when things are going well and I'm getting rides it's great, but when there's just a little bit adversity I get down quick... feeling like I want to quit working for the day. LOL

Which brings us to Roxanne, I got her call around 845, coming right after 3 consecutive no go's ... I call her cell and it's voice mail ... I call again, leave a message .. same thing. So I call dispatch and tell her no way I'm going down there... Anyway this lady doesn't call back for over 2+ hours, wondering where her cab is.

I've picked her up once before. She was at the Seven Hills Surgery Center in Henderson, she was out there to get her cataracts removed? and to be able to see again. She was really depressed, yo - she went there thinking that they'd cut her up real quick and that she would be able to see again. The Doc declined to do the surgery due to her blood sugar count and she was sent home blind as a bat. And then she has to wait 150 minutes for a ride!

UPDATE: So the point of this story is that up until I gave this chick a ride I was feeling like crap. But there's not much worse than going into the doctors assuming that when you get out you'll be able to see again after many months and years --- only to be told that you're still going to be blind. Imagine getting your hopes up like that!!!!!!!! AND THEN having to wait for a fucking cab for near three hours.
So after chit chatting with her I began to feel better. :( = :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

12 cans of coke will have you checking your blood sugar too...

JB said...

Yeah! I'm starting over again... about to start Fatkins for the Long Haul.

Bought tons of fish and shakes.