9/10/08

FOTD XXXVIII - "We Make It Rain"

Maybe I'm bored, but it is definitely rare that I come across three somewhat memorable fares in one day. Today was the day. Coming out of the airport I took a call at Pecos and Wigwam, in Henderson. I'm looking to snag a ride either back to the strip or the airport. I get over there quick and he is indeed going to the "strip", but first by WaMu first. He gets back in the car and he's like "ok, I have bad news for you". I'm like "let's hear it, friend" and he says he wants to go to the Rhino but that he's a VIP so I need to drop him off in the back.

He goes on to say that he's somehow associated with Harrah's "upper-management" and that he's meeting his boss and a client over there for drinks. He tries to drop some names of the GM's and bouncers at some of the strip clubs around town but they don't mean anything to me and all I can do is say "really" or "oh". In response to him saying that he's a VIP, I remark that he's must of had "a few" dances over the years .. and to my surprise he says that he's not into it and that he treats these clubs like other clubs (drinking and meeting gUrls).

"You see in Las Vegas you go to these clubs like Tao, or Pure and you have to pay a lot of money to the bouncer outside just to get in, and these fucking bouncers have such an ego and an attitude, then you have to pay $18 for a drink or thousands to get a table and bottle service. You buy women drinks and it's too noisy to talk to them, you end up spending a lot of money and going home alone. You see at these strip clubs (in the afternoon when it's not busy), you can hang out get some drinks, it's not crowded and the women come up to you. They sit down and you can bullshit with them and have some laughs... now don't get me wrong I've had sex with strippers before but I don't go there trying to pick up on them, I just go there to hang out and entertain clients. Now personally I don't like to get lap dances, they don't do anything for me, but I will always buy some dances for my clients... think about it, how many memorable dances have you had?"

me: "I can think of one, she had like triple F's"
"so you ever go sit down by the stage and throw some dollars at them?"

"Oh, we make it rain, yeah we make it rain"

-Anyway this guy has me drop him off on the side of the building, which is neither the back "vip" entrance or the front. He did pay $55 for a $42 ride, however something tells me he just didn't want to pay the $30 cover for arriving in a taxi. Not quite sure though.

No comments: