8/30/07

Back to Square One

By no means am I ready to give up. I've been holding out hope that I would get picked up at one of two places, Caesars or O'Sheas. Both places, I was told and I felt that I had great auditions. The excuse seems to be the same, 'no positions available at the moment, but you are welcome to call back.' So this is back to square one.

Yesterday I spoke with Chris at Caesars, which was a follow up to a follow up to a follow up conversation, in which he had not had a chance to schedule for their upcoming WPT tournament. So finally he did and he said that they were going to keep their current group of employees and try to make it through the tournament with that group.

Today was Leo's turn at Flamingo, who does the hiring for O'Sheas. Three weeks ago I auditioned with nine others, I called him a week later and told me to check back in two weeks, which was today. Nothing changed, no positions have opened up yet. He said I was welcome to call back again, so I will - I have nothing better to do. I asked him how today's auditions went (every three weeks they audition) and he said no standouts, to which I replied, "didn't I stand out three weeks ago?" and he said I have to check my notes, and I reminded him I was the "BIG" one. . . LOL.

Back to square one, which is not devastating in any way. It just makes what has to be done clearer. SB has offered to help pay some of my minimum payments on CC's, but he has his own expenses. It's just posturing. Anything to not take a second loan on the home, so it's going to be sold but I have less and less guilt about it as my dealer job situation continues to drag on.

So next week I'll get out there again and hit up some more auditions. Last round was different cuz I had no gas money, at least that is covered this time around and it can be done differently. I sold an ounce of silver to some scum bag who could smell desperation and he offered $6 and I took it. Since I'm not paying any bills (other than cell & rent) life is good with the money I take home.

Gradient forwarded me the number to IP's PRM, so they are on my list. He was told that the dealers are fighting for hours which leads me to believe that they have too many dealers for the hours being dealt, but IIWII. Once my graveyard shifts are over this weekend at Sinclair's, I'll hit it up, which is timely cuz I just put my clothes in the cleaners, so I'll be all starched up and ready to do it to it.

No comments: