8/18/07

Trying to stay up

After offering numerous times, Shortline Express Market has finally scheduled me a double shift. Since moving out here, all I've wanted to do is get to work. I assumed I would be dealing by now (more on that), but I'm stuck stocking the fridge and hoping our slot players hit Royal Flushes so I can maybe get tipped.

Normally I'd find some youtube crap and post it, but since I'm trying to stay up until 10-11am I'll give you all a lil sumfn sumfn. My schedule tomorrow is 10pm-2pm, which will get me eight hours of OT which = (immigrant + green card)/2 x 1.5!! I know all the different types of Powerade, Vitamin Water, Gatorade, Pepsi & Coke products, Arizona Teas, Beers - 40oz's, 32oz tall cans, Malt Liquors, Wines, Cigarettes blah blah blah blah blah.

As far as dealing, all my auditions have gone well, I just haven't had enough of them. It is my fault, I haven't been pounding the pavement as much as I should of. Living so far from the strip, gas is definitely a consideration. Wow, that's str8 gnarly but IIWII for now. So I spoke with the guy from Caesars, he said he'll know in a week and I spoke with the guy from Flamingo, he said call back in two weeks. If only I gave up calling the stratosphere, that's a shit job, I might as well wait for a card room that has cash games going at least some of the time, the Strat had zero games. . .

Next weekend fifteen fools from "Jeff's League" are coming out to LV for our live draft. For the second year in a row, I consider myself the 'on paper' favorite since I have Larry Johnson as a 10th round keeper and the 2nd pick in the draft. It's a QB, RB, 2 WR, TE, D, K, 2 FLEX Roto League + 7 Taxi Squad. Last year I took Reggie Bush with the 2nd pick then Vick and Culpepper on the snake. I just can't figure this league out, I've been bottom five for like five years in a row.

Anyways, I think I'll just watch some TV and hit the sack. I'm not scheduled past Sunday graveyard, so hopefully I get out there and get some more auditions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're due for a league win. Do you have a phone cam?